The most wonderful time of the year is full of hustle and bustle—you have holiday gifts to buy, parties to attend, a tree to decorate—and you still want to make time to enjoy what the season has to offer! This can easily overwhelm anyone but don’t worry, Legal InSites has you covered.
Our holiday blog features all you need to know about the upcoming festive season in Williamsport. You’ll know when all the parades and shows are happening, where to get a delicious holiday meal, where to buy the best gifts, and more. Let’s start with all the local holiday events.
What Holiday Shows and Events Are Happening in Williamsport?
You don’t have to wait until December for the holiday festivities to begin in Williamsport. There’s about two months of activities to do, see, and enjoy in our city. Take a look at what’s going on in Williamsport:
- 20th Annual Victorian Christmas. This three-day weekend of Christmas fun is full of unique and fun events. You may want to take part in the Artisan Holiday Market on the 16th from 2-7 p.m. It’s a perfect way to kick off the season and maybe get a few gifts for people. Find out about more of the exciting events here.
- Santa Claus is Coming to Town. While technically part of Victorian Christmas, this may appeal to those with children who are true believers. Santa will be here to light the Park Place Tree along with Christmas carols, cookies and hot chocolate. The event is on Friday November 16 at 7pm at The Park Home, 800 West 4th street.
- Toys for Tots Collection. From November 17-December 12, the World of Little League Museum will be a Toys for Tots collection area. These items benefit residents of Lycoming County and is a great way to help out the community.
- Thanksgiving Arrangement Making Class. Bastress Mountain Winery is hosting an arrangement making class for Thanksgiving on November 20 from 6:30-8:30 p.m. This is a fun way to get creative and perhaps your centerpiece will be the talk of Thanksgiving. You can also apply what you’ve learned to making other holiday arrangements.
- Candy Cane Lane. Summer Street in Duboistown is your place to see fantastic Christmas lights throughout the holiday season. You may even spot Mrs. Claus handing out candy canes. The lights usually go up after Thanksgiving—plenty of time to stop by!
- Shop Small Passport Program Kickoff. On November 24 from 8 a.m.-11:59 p.m., you can help support small businesses and potentially win fantastic prizes for filling out your passport. Simply get your passport stamped at the participating businesses. December 8 is the final day to fill up your passport. The event is hosted by the Williamsport Business Association and Downtown Williamsport.
- Christmas with the Annie Moses Band. All are welcome to enjoy Christmas music performed by the Annie Moses Band at Christ Wesleyan Church on November 30 from 7-9:30 p.m.
- Festival of Lights in Brandon Park. Come see the beautiful display of lights in Brandon Park from 6-8 p.m. on November 30. The festival will include musical and dance performances, food, ice sculpting, carriage rides, and Santa will be there!
- A Christmas Story: The Musical. Enjoy the hilarious Christmas tale about Ralphie Parker. The Community Theatre League is performing on November 30 at 7:30 p.m., December 1, 6-8 at 7:30 p.m., and December 9 at 2 p.m.
- The Nutcracker. Go see the classic tale of The Nutcracker at the Community Arts Center. There are two shows, one on Saturday December 1 at 7:30 p.m. and the other is on Sunday December 2 at 4 p.m.
- Skates, Sleds, Sleighs, and Stockings. The Taber Museum will have a display of 19th and 20th century ice skates, children’s sleds, sleighs, and stockings between December 4 and January 19.You can learn about how winter traditions were upheld in the past and how we celebrate similar things today.
- Tour of Lights. Get into the holiday spirit with a gorgeous tour of lights from a Williamsport Trolley. Tickets are available November 12 and the rides are from December 6-9. Get your tickets as soon as possible!
- The Santa Express on the Lycoming Valley Railroad. This trip includes listening to the Polar Express story, holiday music, and visiting the big man himself—Santa Claus! This event happens on December 7, 8, and 9. The tickets you purchase are for a designated time. This event has already sold out for 2018.
- Santa’s Festive Friday. What’s more inviting than an open-air holiday market? You can enjoy the season and do some shopping on December 7 at the Peter Herdic Transportation Museum from 5-9 p.m. The City of Williamsport Recreation Department is hosting the event.
- Christmas Spectacular. Come get into the spirit of the holidays at the Community Arts Center on December 8 at 10 a.m. This special performance includes music from the Uptown Music Collective, a reading of How the Grinch Stole Christmas, Kingdom Kidz, an excerpt from The Nutcracker, a bike raffle, and a visit with Santa in the Capitol Lounge. And this event is completely free!
- Merry Tubachristmas. Listen to over 50 tuba, baritone, and euphonium players play Christmas carols at the Community Arts Center on Saturday December 8 at 4 p.m.
- Santa Visit. Santa is visiting the World of Little League Museum on December 9 from 12-3 p.m. You can bring cameras for photographs and tour the museum free of charge while you’re here.
- The Beach Boys “Reason for the Season Christmas Tour.” On Wednesday December 12, you can celebrate with the Beach Boys at the Community Arts Center. The event starts at 7 p.m.
- Catch the Spirit in Downtown Williamsport. Enjoy the holiday spirit hosted by the Williamsport Business Association, Downtown Williamsport, and Lycoming Arts on December 14 from 5-8 p.m. There will be live music, a holiday window decorating contest, and local artists. You may find someone the perfect present here.
- Williamsport Symphony Orchestra Holiday Gatherings. Listen to the Williamsport Symphony Orchestra play beautiful holiday music at the Community Arts Center on Saturday December 15 at 7:30 p.m.
With all these events to choose from, it won’t be difficult for you to get into the holiday spirit in Williamsport!
Our Favorite Bars and Restaurants to Enjoy the Holiday Season
It’s that time of the year set aside for spending time to be with people that you love. There are plenty of places in downtown Williamsport to share a meal and make the most of the season. Check out the following places:
- Alabaster Coffee Roaster & Tea Company. If you’re looking for a bright start to your day or need a pick me up when you’re in the middle of running errands, you can always count on a delicious cup of coffee from Alabaster. The cozy atmosphere makes anyone feel at home and it’s a great place to relax while you enjoy your coffee.
- Julie’s Coffee. Look no further for a café that offers breakfast, lunch, and bakery items. At Julie’s, grab a quick meal and then get back out to the hustle and bustle of the holiday season.
- The Brickyard Restaurant & Ale House. The season calls for getting together with family and friends. The Brickyard is an ideal place to get a fresh burger, choose a beer from their extensive selection, and enjoy the company around you.
- Moon & Raven Public House. For those with Irish, Scottish, or English roots, or simply love the experience of dining at a pub, the Moon & Raven Public House invites customers to relax and enjoy the fantastic food.
- Bullfrog Brewery. There’s rarely a day where the Bullfrog Brewery doesn’t offer live music. Select one of their independent brews and listen to local bands. Brunch at the Bullfrog is always a great way to celebrate the weekend—just be sure to make reservations!
- Barrel 135. This restaurant is perfect to get together with friends for cocktails and fresh, seasonal food. Barrel 135 offers dishes made from local ingredients.
- Peter Herdic House Restaurant. If you’re looking for upscale dining, the Peter Herdic House Restaurant makes gourmet food in a house on famed Millionaire’s Row. You can enjoy a delicious meal in an elegant Victorian mansion.
- Morrone’s Café, Lounge and Banquet Room. Morrone’s makes delicious traditional Italian food that will leave you full and wanting to come back soon.
- DiSalvo’s Restaurant. Also a great option for Italian cuisine, DiSalvo’s can also host events. This is perfect for holiday parties or get togethers.
- Old Corner Hotel. The historic Old Corner Hotel has something for everyone, their menu includes bar food like nachos and meals like filet mignon.
- Franco’s Lounge Restaurant & Music Club. Franco’s is a must-visit for anyone with out-of-town family in Williamsport. With homemade sauces and pasta, every choice on their menu is a good one.
The Best Holiday Shopping in Williamsport
People may say it’s the most wonderful time of the year, but you may not be thinking that when you’re going through your list of people that you have to buy gifts for and you don’t have any ideas. But don’t worry—Billtown has you covered. With all the various stores and boutiques, you’ll be able to find amazing, unique gifts that will wow everyone on your list.
- Patinaz. This boutique has unique handcrafted jewelry, clothing, candles, and household goods. You’ll always find something trendy here.
- Gustonian Gifts. A cute corner store, Gustonian has fashion accessories, jewelry, seasonal gifts, and collegiate items. This store also carries brands like Alex & Ani and Vera Bradley.
- Bathvs. If you’re buying for someone who loves self-care routines, this is the place for you. Bathvs has bath bombs, soaps, scrubs, moisturizers, shampoos, conditioners, and fragrances. There are so many different scents to choose from. Anyone who has a skin care routine will be happy with a gift from here.
- Aquarius Pool & Patio. Don’t let the name fool you. During the holiday season, Aquarius transforms into Enchanted Christmasland, with wonderful displays of all kinds of holiday accoutrement. Maybe you’re buying for someone who loves Christmas, or has a special anniversary coming up that you could commemorate with an ornament.
- The Otto Bookstore. There’s a bookworm in nearly every family. The Otto Bookstore has a fabulous variety of books and will also order for you if they don’t have it in the store. The staff is always ready to recommend books, but there are also gift cards available if you truly don’t know what to get.
- Marc Williams Goldsmith. If you’re looking for a significant gift, the jewelry from Marc Williams Goldsmith is beautifully made and high quality. This will be a gift to cherish for years to come.
- River Valley Apparel. Buying for a proud Williamsport citizen who loves to show off their hometown? You can get them something special from River Valley Apparel. With the wide variety of hats, shirts, and accessories, you’re sure to find the perfect gift.
- Clear Sphere Yoga. Do you have a family member or friend who loves yoga? You could get them a membership for Clear Sphere, a yoga studio right in downtown Williamsport.
- Warehouse 124. Located in South Williamsport, Warehouse 124 has beautiful furniture and home decor. You’ll be able to find someone a unique gift for their home that they’re sure to love.
Now that you’ve gotten your Christmas shopping down, it’s time to prepare for the holiday gatherings and soirées that usually happen as we get closer to December 25th.
Where Can You Get the Most Delicious Holiday Food?
The holidays usually mean entertaining—whether you’re hosting or attending parties, you’re going to need large amounts of quality food. This doesn’t mean you have to cook and bake for this entire month, you can find plenty of local businesses in Williamsport that will cook and bake for you. All you have to do is order and pick it up!
Some of the best options for holiday food and treats comes from:
- Tony’s Delicatessen & Fresh Meats. This Italian deli caters all kinds of events and have so many options to choose from. Tony’s has food that all you need to do is heat up and serve, dinner entrees and sides, cold food options, finger foods, and more. You can also get delicious desserts like a cookie tray from here as well.
- Roy’s Bakery. One of the hallmarks of the season is treats. Roy’s makes some of the best holiday sugar cookies in the area and will definitely bring holiday cheer wherever you take them.
- Rosencran’s Bakery. Everyone at a holiday event will want a slice of cake or pie from Rosencran’s. This bakery also has delicious sticky buns that are perfect for a holiday brunch.
- Le Chocolat. Whether it’s a gift or you’re bringing it to a holiday event, Le Chocolat is a great place to get a wide variety of chocolate. You can even make your own assortment.
- Lang’s Chocolates. Another fantastic chocolatier in Williamsport, Lang’s has chocolates, pretzels, nuts and brittle, and more. They also deliver their orders—no need to worry about picking it up!
With all these options at your disposal, you can be sure to have the perfect addition to a holiday party. There’s one more item on our holiday guide that’s one of the most integral parts of the festive season.
Where to Get Fresh Cut Christmas Trees
For many families, the Christmas tree is a holiday staple. You can make a day out of cutting down your own tree or picking it out. Then, it’s time to decorate and enjoy the beautiful sight of twinkling lights and colorful ornaments on the branches.
- Tebb’s Farm and Greenhouses. Visit Tebb’s Farm stand on Four Mile Drive to pick the best tree for your house. They always have a wide variety of robust, healthy trees. If you’d rather cut it down yourself, visit their farm in Muncy.
- Brown’s Tree Farm. Another option is Brown’s Tree Farm in Muncy, where you can even pre-order your Christmas tree if there’s a specific type and size that you want.
Happy Holidays from Legal InSites
You have all the information you need to make the most out of this holiday season. At Legal InSites, we’re proud to be based in Williamsport and encourage everyone to enjoy all this city has to offer. If there’s anything to add, please don’t hesitate to reach out and tell us. We hope you have a happy holiday season and new year!