Snow has already fallen, you can hear jingle bells in the distance, and bright holiday lights are starting to illuminate the cold night sky—it must be the holiday season! Williamsport is full of wonderful ways to celebrate this time of year as well as help you out with your shopping. While the holiday season is extremely busy, we’re laying out all there is to do so you can plan time for your friends and family. Let’s start with the upcoming events!
Williamsport Holiday Events and Activities
The festivities in Williamsport start in November. Mark your calendars so you don’t miss a single event!
- 21st Annual Victorian Christmas. This three-day weekend of Christmas fun is full of unique and fun events. It starts on November 22 and ends on November 24. It’s a perfect way to kick off the season and maybe get a few gifts for people. Find out about more of the exciting events here.
- Toys for Tots Collection. From November 1-December 13, the World of Little League Museum will be a Toys for Tots collection area. These items benefit residents of Lycoming County and is a great way to help out the community.
- Thanksgiving Centerpiece Class. Mountain Top Distillery is hosting an arrangement making class for Thanksgiving on November 21 from 6:30-8:00 p.m. You’ll learn to make a gorgeous Thanksgiving centerpiece. Grab your friends, a drink, and make a fun night of it! There will also be another one on November 26. Keep an eye out for future events in December as well.
- Small Business Saturday. On November 30 from 12:30 p.m. to 3:30 p.m., you can help local businesses and get some of your holiday shopping done all in one on Small Business Saturday.
- Candy Cane Lane. Summer Street in Duboistown is your place to see fantastic Christmas lights throughout the holiday season. If you’re lucky, Mrs. Claus may hand out candy canes! Definitely make a stop this year.
- The Nutcracker. Go see the classic tale of The Nutcracker at the Community Arts Center. There are two shows, one on Saturday, December 7 at 7:30 p.m. and the other is on Sunday, December 8 at 4 p.m.
- “When the Circus Comes to Town” Holiday Exhibit. The Taber Museum will have a display of a “Humpty Dumpty Circus” that includes a ringmaster, lion tamer, elephants, and more! See this exhibit between December 4 and January 18. You can also see the collection of circus toys, music boxes, and appreciate the craftsmanship that went into these creations.
- Catch the Spirit. You can enjoy the holiday festivities and magic in downtown Williamsport. Come out on December 13 from 5 p.m. to 8 p.m. There will be ice sculptures, vendors, local art, and more.
- The Santa Express Train Excursions. This trip packs a lot of holiday fun into one. There’s music, goodies, and a visit from the big man himself—Santa Claus! This event happens on December 13, 14, and 15. The tickets you purchase are for a designated time. Friday’s times are 6 p.m. and 8 p.m., Saturday’s times are 10 a.m., noon, 2 p.m., 4 p.m., and 6 p.m., and Sunday’s times are noon, 2 p.m., 4 p.m., and 6 p.m. Hurry and get them now, they’re selling fast!
- 10th Annual Holiday Market. The Pajama Factory will host their 10th Annual Holiday Market on December 14 from 10 a.m. to 4 p.m. All kinds of vendors will participate in this market and will be a great day to help support small businesses.
- Christmas Spectacular. Come get into the spirit of the holidays at the Community Arts Center on December 15 at 2 p.m. This special performance includes a Christmas story reading, a Kingdom Kidz performance, raffles, and more! And this event is completely free!
- Merry Tubachristmas. Listen to over 50 tuba, baritone, and euphonium players play Christmas carols at Center Court in the Lycoming Mall on Saturday, December 7 at 2 p.m.
- Santa Visit. Santa is visiting the World of Little League Museum on December 8 from 12 p.m. to 3 p.m. You can bring cameras for photographs and tour the museum free of charge while you’re here.
- Williamsport Symphony Orchestra Holiday Concert. Listen to the Williamsport Symphony Orchestra play beautiful holiday music at the Community Arts Center on Saturday December 14 at 7:30 p.m.
Do you feel the holiday spirit yet? We sure do! The next step to getting ready for the holidays is getting those decorations up. After the lights and other outdoor displays are set up, you may be wondering about where you’re going to get your holiday tree.
Local Tree Farms
Putting up a beautiful green tree and decorating it with lights and ornaments is a tradition for many families this time of year. Part of that tradition is picking your tree and cutting it down yourself. For those of you eager to get your tree up and ready for the season, Williamsport has local tree farms that will definitely meet your holiday tree needs.
- Tebb’s Farm and Greenhouses. Visit Tebb’s Farm stand on Four Mile Drive to pick the best tree for your house. They always have a wide variety of robust, healthy trees. If you’d rather cut it down yourself, visit their farm in Muncy.
- Brown’s Tree Farm. In Muncy, Brown’s Tree Farm has a wonderful selection of trees. You can even pre-order your tree if you’re partial to a certain kind or size.
After getting your tree set up, your family will likely be hungry. Let’s look into where you can sit down and enjoy delicious food in Williamsport.
Where to Get a Bite to Eat in Williamsport
Williamsport has a bunch of restaurants and cafés where people can gather with their family and friends this holiday season. Make sure to stop by a few of these places to see what Williamsport has to offer!
- The Brickyard Restaurant & Ale House. Pine Square is a great spot to meet up with friends and family. The Brickyard has delicious burgers and a great beer selection.
- Moon & Raven Public House. The Moon & Raven Public House has a unique menu and a relaxed atmosphere that will make everyone feel at home.
- Bullfrog Brewery. The Bullfrog Brewery has fantastic brews, a great brunch, and you can always find live music here. Definitely plan ahead and make reservations!
- Barrel 135. With delicious food and a great martini list, Barrel 135 offers dishes made from local ingredients that make for a dynamic menu.
- Alabaster Coffee Roaster & Tea Company. Sometimes, you may not be looking for a sit-down meal! You may want to catch up with a friend over a cup of hot coffee or you need to take a break from holiday shopping. Alabaster has you covered.
- Julie’s Coffee. A cozy café, Julie’s is a perfect spot to get breakfast or lunch and then get back out to the hustle and bustle of the holiday season.
- Peter Herdic House Restaurant. Looking for a fine night out? The Peter Herdic House Restaurant on Millionaire’s Row offers fine dining set in a historical Williamsport Victorian mansion.
- Morrone’s Café, Lounge and Banquet Room. Italian food is always comforting, but especially during the holidays. Morrone’s is a fantastic place for families to gather.
- DiSalvo’s Restaurant. Another restaurant that offers superb Italian cuisine, DiSalvo’s can also host events. This is perfect for holiday parties or get-togethers.
- Old Corner Hotel. The historic Old Corner Hotel has something for everyone, their menu includes bar food like nachos and meals like filet mignon.
- Franco’s Lounge Restaurant & Music Club. Franco’s is a must-visit for anyone with out-of-town family in Williamsport. With homemade sauces and pasta, every choice on their menu is a good one.
While you’re having a meal at one of these places, it may remind you that you signed up to bring a tray of food to your next holiday event. What are you going to bring? Let’s look at the options for holiday parties.
Where Can You Get the Best Food for the Holidays?
Whether you’re in charge of a main dish, a side, or dessert, you don’t need to panic. Williamsport has plenty of places where you can get a platter of something delicious to bring to the holidays.
- Tony’s Delicatessen & Fresh Meats. This Italian deli caters all kinds of events and have so many options to choose from. Tony’s has dinners, sides, and appetizers that will be perfect for any party. Don’t forget to get some of their cookies as well!
- Le Chocolat. Whether it’s a gift or you’re bringing it to a holiday event, Le Chocolat is a great place to get a wide variety of chocolate. You can even make your own assortment.
- Roy’s Bakery. The holidays wouldn’t be the same without a bunch of delicious kinds of cookies. The sugar cookies from Roy’s are famous in Williamsport and will be a welcome addition to any holiday party—and probably the first treat to go!
- Rosencran’s Bakery. Danishes, sticky buns, cakes, and pies are all options you can pick from at Rosencran’s. Their baked goods will bring cheer to any holiday event.
- Lang’s Chocolates. Lang’s has a wide variety of chocolates and other sweet treats. They can also deliver, which can help those with busy schedules during this time of year.
Now that you’ve gotten that obligation down, is there anything else on your list? Of course there is—holiday shopping!
Do You Need Holiday Gift Ideas?
Gift-giving is another major tradition this time of year. If your list is long and you don’t have many ideas, don’t fret! You can get something for everyone on your list from the local Williamsport businesses.
- Marc Williams Goldsmith. Look no further for high quality jewelry. Marc Williams Goldsmith has gorgeous hand-crafted items that will last a lifetime.
- Gustonian Gifts. Gustonian has fashion accessories, unique jewelry, seasonal gifts, and collegiate items. This store also carries brands like Alex & Ani and Vera Bradley.
- Warehouse 124. Located in South Williamsport, Warehouse 124 has home décor, furniture, and you never know what other treasures you could find here!
- Aquarius Pool & Patio. Aquarius, also known at this time of year as Enchanted Christmasland, has all the Christmas and holiday items you’ll need.
- The Otto Bookstore. Who doesn’t love a new book to settle into for the winter? The Otto Bookstore has a vast collection of books you can choose from, as well as a friendly staff who can make recommendations.
- River Valley Apparel. Hometown pride is special, and River Valley Apparel allows you to express it. If you’re buying for someone who loves Billtown, this is the place to look.
- Bathvs. Soaps, shampoos, and conditioners of all varieties and scents can be found here!
- Clear Sphere Yoga. As the New Year rolls in, people want to start it off on the right foot. A gift card to Clear Sphere, a local yoga studio, is a sure-fire way to help someone achieve this goal.
- Patinaz. Find all kinds of interesting jewelry, beautiful clothing, and other home goods at this boutique.
You’ve attended the events, been out and about for good food, brought the best platter to the party, and got all your shopping done. It’s time to sit back with a cup of hot chocolate and relax!
Have a Safe Holiday Season from Legal InSites
There has been so much to celebrate in 2019, and we hope you make the most of the holidays and finish the year strong. The team at Legal InSites wishes you a safe and fun holiday season and a healthy New Year!