The team at Legal InSites enjoys volunteering to help worthy causes. The Salvation Army’s Festival of Trees gave us an early opportunity to give back this holiday season. For this event, we decorated a 6 ½ foot tree, as did other companies and groups, which are all currently displayed in the Lycoming Mall.
Over the next three weeks, anyone can vote for their favorite tree for $1. On December 13 at 7 p.m., the trees will be auctioned off and the winners will be able to take these beautiful trees home. The tree that gets the most votes will win the People’s Choice award, and the Best Overall Tree award will go to the tree that raises the most money. The money raised during this event will benefit the various programs of The Salvation Army.
We aimed to make a tree that everyone would want to have in their home. After some intense brainstorming, a trip to Michael’s, and an ornament decoration session full of glitter and glue, we had what we needed to decorate a rustic-themed Christmas tree that will make anyone’s home feel merry and bright.
But that’s not all that’s included with our tree! We also have a list of incentives that come with it. The theme for our incentives? Local Williamsport businesses! As proud members of the Williamsport community, our incentives offer the best of both worlds: we’re helping to promote our business neighbors as well as give the tree owner the best our city has to offer!
The local business community was ready to respond—our tree totals over $500 in incentives. The businesses that donated to our tree include:
- Bullfrog Brewery. Delicious food, brews, and live music are givens at the Bullfrog.
- Clear Sphere Yoga Studio. This welcoming studio is a great place to get into yoga. Their donation gives people opportunities to try different classes and see which ones they like the most!
- Community Theatre League. Take a night to see one of the wonderful productions at CTL! Pair this with one of the restaurant gift cards and you’ve got a plan for dinner and a show!
- Williamsport Crosscutters. There’s nothing better than catching a ball game at BB&T Ballpark in the summer and gives you something to look forward to as we face the beginning of winter.
- Franco’s Lounge. Look no further for authentic Italian cuisine—a perfect meal for a chilly winter evening.
- Gustonian Gifts. You can definitely get some holiday shopping done here (or you could buy something for yourself!) Gustonian has all types of interesting items.
- Kaos Fun Zone. Grab your arcade cards and bowling shoes, it’s time to spend a day at Kaos! Play fun games, laser tag, bowl, or jump on a trampoline—there’s no wrong answer here!
- Mountain Top Distillery. Go for a tasting at Mountain Top Distillery. Their locally-made spirits are fantastic and will warm you up this holiday season.
- New Trail Brewing Co. New Trail makes craft beer and has a Tasting Room that’s family and dog friendly. And you’ll know what to order if you see their beer on any local menus!
- Ozzie and Mae’s. Look no further for the best Mexican food in town. Grab a friend and share a delicious meal.
- The Peter Herdic House. Fine dining in a historic setting makes for a lovely night out. Make a reservation at The Peter Herdic House and enjoy the evening!
- Warehouse 124. An amazing consignment shop in South Williamsport, Warehouse 124 always has unique items and will definitely have a special holiday gift or something great for your home.
We’re grateful these businesses were as excited to donate as we were to participate in this charitable event. It’s heartwarming to see how many businesses in our community eagerly agreed to help a good cause this holiday season.
At Legal InSites, we value giving back however we can. This event brings out the best of the season: supporting charity through festivity. Remember, the auction is on December 13 at 7 p.m., but you can vote for your favorite tree at any time. When you’re doing some holiday shopping at the Lycoming Mall, be sure to stop by and look for the No. 9 Legal InSites tree!